Unfortunately, today, due to the cervical osteochondrosis the feeling of headache and neck pain symptoms is known to almost every adult. And at 70% of the population over the age of 25 years(maybe sooner), similar symptoms occur in regular intervals. Doctors make the diagnosis: cervical osteochondrosis and appoint the treatment, depending on the stage and type of disease.
What is a cervical osteochondrosis is?
There are degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs of the spine, caused by uneven load on the spine. Vertebral body, from the first to the seventh cervical spine is deformed gradually, exhausted and destroyed. The basic and most important Symptom of cervical degenerative disc disease is a headache, this feeling of pain can also be in the neck, chest and in the shoulder and in other areas of the spine Cervical spine associated with all of its departments: chest of drawers, barer, sacral, and coccygeal. All the vertebrae are consistently connected vertically to each other. And any injury to the vertebrae of the cervical spine impact on the operation of the entire spine.
Why headaches can diseases as the main Symptom of cervical degenerative disc?
The neck portion is the most movable parts of the spine and the most vulnerable. In very small eddies are much thinner other departments vertebrae. In addition, the neck must all the time hold the head in the upright posture. Tension in the neck leads to a permanent spasserovannye blood vessels of the head and neck. Therefore, the headaches, the from time to time, either by hours and days. A large number of muscles connecting the neck with the neck. Eight short deep muscles, vertebrae, the connection of the occipital bone with the first and second cervical. To bind the two deep muscles of the neck, with each of the seven cervical vertebrae. Implementation of longest muscle of the neck and head connect to the back of the neck and each vertebrae to each other. Voltage, and each spasm of the muscles can lead to headaches and pain in the neck. So, to deal with the headache need, starting with the treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease.
Other causes of cervical degenerative disc disease
Causes for the emergence of cervical degenerative disc disease may be referred to and the following factors:
- hereditary predisposition
- Lack of exercise
- heavy load on the spine
- Stress and nervous shock
- Metabolic disorders
- wearing the wrong shoes
- during pregnancy
To see how, in a certain cause, the disorders to the development of cervical degenerative disc. The process of degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs usually happens slowly and unnoticed.
Phases in the development of cervical degenerative disc disease
Very often people are not aware of it, if you do not pay attention to such a disease, such as cervical osteochondrosis symptoms feeling and a headache, pain in the neck better, or is limited to the taking of analgesic medicines. However, the development of osteochondrosis is carried out in several stages:
- In the first Phase, the discomfort in the neck starts to go at long, long sitting at the Computer or behind the wheel in a Position. To form In the intervertebral discs in small seal start. Degenerative changes of the vertebral bodies at an early stage.
- In the second Phase of the development of intervertebral disc degeneration lasting pain in the neck, in the temporal part of the head arise in the neck. There may be pain during tilting and turning of the head, ringing in the ears. To decrease the mobility of the cervical vertebrae begins, it is possible, intervertebral disc protrusion.
- In the third Phase of the headache is pronounced. One feels dizziness, chard of air, shortness of breath. Present pain can be in the shoulders and the various departments of the spine. The mobility of the neck is limited. Fibrous ring of the intervertebral disc destroyed, gelatinous nucleus loses its elasticity. Degenerative changes in the discs of the spine pronounced.
- The last stage of the development of cervical degenerative disc disease is due to the presence of disci hernias. Most of the destructive changes are irreversible. Amazed virtually all areas of the spine. The treatment can only through surgery.
Symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease
Together with headache and painful sensations in the area of the neck, depending on the stage of development of the process of cervical degenerative disc disease, can be used as a set of symptoms, opportunistic illness:
- Feeling of heaviness in the head
- Engage vertebra when turning or tilting the head
- The feeling of crackling in the neck
- Tinnitus and feeling of fullness
- Numbness in the area of the shoulder or shoulder blades
- Pain in the chest
- The feeling of chard in the air
- Lump in the throat
- A feeling of nausea
- Double images fly in front of the eyes
- Increased Body Temperature
- Increased Blood Pressure
The symptoms can occur suddenly, or a regular character. Often feel pain in the neck and the back of the head in the evening. Homeopathically, a multi-hour movement-less sitting in one Position. The vertebral artery, which compressed the blood to the brain and spazmiruyutsya. As a result of the manifested disorders of blood circulation primarily affects the brain. Often, spasm of the arteries and muscle system in the neck lead to limited mobility. The man temporarily, or most of the time can not rotate for a long time the neck. Dizziness, noise and ringing in the ears, the feeling of constipation also occurs as a result of the reduction in the blood flow of the vertebral arteries to the head. Dizziness can be systemic and non-systemic. In Vertigo, people feel circle-shaped Rotation of the objects around you. In case of non-systemic dizziness, feeling of circular Rotation no, but there is an unsafe condition at the position of the body, can also be celebrated in the presence of nausea.
Often with cervical osteochondrosis, a pinched nerve is created. This condition of the spine due to the displacement of the vortex in each direction. Displaced vertebra is compressed the nerve endings, this leads to spasm of blood vessels, a feeling of Mangold air. In case of prolonged detectable lack of oxygen a Person can have shortness of breath begin. Heartbeat, compress the chest pain, increased blood pressure – frequent accompanying symptoms of the spine in lesions of the intervertebral discs of the neck.
The consequences and complications of cervical degenerative disc disease
In case of violation of the normal blood flow in vertebrate arteries the autonomic nervous system suffers. Spasserovannye blood vessels and horse-race of the blood pressure can lead to an unconscious state. In fainting case, you should provide immediately the Person to first aid. You need to the body so that the legs over the head, as a result, the normal blood circulation in the neck area and enabled the inflow to the brain. Sometimes develop, with the aim of cervical vertebrae and stretch your satexpo neck in longer retention of the body in a Position, the man begins strong and quickly turn the head to the left and to the right. At the end of spinal artery spazmiruyutsya, and instead of the relief of the condition, the person dizziness, ringing in the ears, a severe headache starts to feel that can also to an increase in blood pressure and unconscious state.
The most important and most common complication is the formation of cervical degenerative disc disease disci hernias and protrusion. The fracture of the spine is the result of the removal and destruction of the intervertebral disc. In the case of hernias and protrusions of the extrusion and bulging of the content of the Anulus fibrosus is happening in every direction. In the process, the man constantly feels the pain because of the friction discs claimed against each other. The serious complication of cervical intervertebral disc degeneration can be destroyed as a disease – myelopathy of the spinal cord. Myelopathy localized mostly in the area of the cervical spine. In this disease, the man is numbness or tingling feeling in the extremities, weakness, and involuntary muscle twitches of the body, pain leaves in the chest and between the shoulder.
Diagnosis and detection of cervical degenerative disc disease
In the presence of one or more symptoms of the disease on the occurrence of cervical degenerative disc, you need to see a doctor. The doctor, neurologist, or orthopedist is leading the investigation of the patient with the assessment of the pain and the mobility of the cervical spine, show the accompanying symptoms and recommend the implementation of the necessary diagnostic measures. The reliable in our time, the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). In the result of the investigation a patient can identify, with 100% accuracy the diseases the presence of cervical degenerative disc, and a bulging or herniated disc. As a contraindication for magnetic resonance imaging diagnostics of the presence of the patient includes a pacemaker. The age of the children, and pregnancy contraindications do not belong due to the fact that in the case of MRI, x-ray irradiation does not occur. In contrast to the x-ray tube, where only the bones of the skeleton, in the case of nuclear spin tomography visible parts, mishchtsi, tapes, diskettes, all the soft spinal cord in the area of the neck and nerve fibers. X-ray as a method for the detection of cervical degenerative disc disease is only in the early stages of the disease. The advantage of this method of investigation can be used as speed, availability and low cost. With the help of the x-ray show only the degree of changes in the intervertebral discs, without examination of the soft parts, muscles, and nerve fibers in the neck area.can radiation
Prevention of cervical degenerative disc disease
As prevention of the emergence of cervical degenerative disc disease can the is a list of some tips:
- Force Surveys Avoid Heavy. If necessary, heavy lifting, you need to properly distribute the load on the entire spine.
- Avoid exclude long sitting in one Position, hour-long viewing of television broadcasts, without the Position of the body.
- Bed and pillow to sleep and rest should be comfortable. Desirable comfortable mattress is anatomic and orthopedic pillows, select custom size.
- It is the rules that prevent, crooked posture apply. The correct and consistent Position of the head, neck and back muscles when you walk and sit to the health of not only the cervical spine, but also of the entire spine.
- The right diet with lots of Protein products, cereals, fruits and the body with the necessary vitamins and trace elements.
- The inclusion in the diet foods such as jelly, aspic, fish and seafood, with a content of collagen, is undoubtedly useful for bone, ligaments, and cartilage.
- The correct and adequate consumption of easy-to-clean water prevents dehydration of the contents of the intervertebral discs and the development of cervical degenerative disc disease.
- A very important movement and physical activity at any age. In addition to walks in the fresh air Jogging, swimming, water aerobics, Yoga and Pilates are very helpful.
Treatment. Cervical Osteochondrosis Symptoms Feeling
For the treatment of cervical degenerative disc diseases, drugs, Physio treatments, massage, special exercises and gymnastics apply, and in extreme cases excluded, and surgical interventions. For the relief of the pain syndrome successfully for the pain. For the removal of the inflammatory process-steroidal drugs is not shown. If muscle spasms doctors relaxer to recommend. When regular spasms of the muscles of the neck required to wear special orthopedic collar. For reducing pain anti-inflammatory ointments. Contributions of cervical osteochondrosis, without exacerbation Physio prescribed treatments. Well proven in the treatment of Sanogo intervertebral disc degeneration: magnetic therapy, electrophoresis, UHF -, and shock wave therapy. During the physiological process occurs remission of inflammatory processes in the body, improves the spine, the blood circulation in the area of the neck. Normal Massage is also in the case of the osteochondrosis.
Among the exercises for the treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease the 5 most important apply widely, in a slow pace. Repeat the exercise three to five times should be.
- The first exercise. Consists of a in the slow turn of the head to the left and to the right. The shoulders remain motionless.
- The second exercise. You need to get to the bottom area of the press with the hand on the forehead, slightly in the neck muscles tensing.
- The third exercise. The head is tilt to the left and to the right, with a tilt to the left, should be as low as possible, lower the head and touch the left ear and the left shoulder, and tilt to the right, touch the right ear to right shoulder.
- The fourth exercise. It is recommended that you press down with the left palm on the head with the left side of the head, similar to the right palm print on the temple, on the right side of the head.
- The exposure to the cold exercise. Slowly tilt the chin to the neck, thereby turning the head first to the left, then to the right.
This simple, but effective exercises you can each day with 10-15 minutes in the Reserve of free time.
In our body, the spine has five departments. The cervical spine deserves special attention. In the kind of complex symptoms, the presence of many comorbidities, and the lack of control, the emergence of cervical degenerative disc disease is a serious Problem. Starting with the normal slight discomfort in the neck area, without the proper treatment, the spinal discs begin to undergo degenerative changes, causing the people a lot of inconvenience. Dizziness, pain in the occipital and temporal parts of the head, pain in the neck, ringing and noise in the ears – the main but not the only symptoms manifestations of cervical degenerative disc disease. By cervical osteochondrosis in the Phase of its emergence have not gone to irreversible changes and consequences, should promote the simple rules of diet and water, exercise regularly, follow the posture and the position of the head while walking, standing or sitting. Strictly contraindicated of the body indicated in the case of prolonged exposure in a stationary state.