Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine – the result of a sedentary lifestyle, improper diet. The first signs of the disease may already occur in 25 years, if they do not occur start of treatment, severe complications. In the therapy of the disease using a comprehensive approach – drug therapy, diet therapy, exercise therapy, and physiotherapy.
Causes of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine
Cervical osteochondrosis – degenerative-dystrophic changes in the intervertebral discs, the joints, resulting in decreased mobility of the neck, the emergence of pronounced pain syndrome. The main reason for the development of the disease – disorder of mineral metabolism, because of what the bones and joints become less strong.
Why is cervical osteochondrosis:
- obesity, lack of exercise;
- Faults In Posture, Scoliosis;
- Flat feet;
- the wrong diet.
The development of the deformation of the cervical vertebrae injuries, contusions of the spine, excessive physical strain, Stress can provoke. In women, osteochondrosis years often occurs during pregnancy, the change on the background of hormonal changes the amount of calcium decreases, the bone will use brittle.
General symptoms and signs
At a constant increased load on the cervical vertebrae muscle spasms, compressed neck vessels, the spine the blood, the blood circulation is disturbed, occurs when problems occur in metabolism – changes in the structure of the intervertebral disc, they are deformed, occur outside of the spine.
As the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
- radicular syndrome on the background of compression of the nerve pain that is spreading from the neck to the blade, which includes under arms, the front wall of the Thorax caused;
- Muscle weakness in the Hand, a noticeable swelling of the neck;
- during the movement of the head, a crunch heard;
- Weakness, chronic fatigue, changes in blood pressure;
- Co-ordination disorders often feel dizzy, bouts of nausea, vomiting;
- Blurred vision and hearing loss, noise, ringing in the ears;
- Numbness of the extremities, of the tongue;
- frequent migraines;
- in women aged 45-65 years, during sleep, there is pain, numbness, tingling in the upper limbs, the attacks may be repeated several times in the night.
When cervical osteochondrosis impaired nutrition and blood supply in the brain, the disorders of neurotic character – anxiety, irritability, mood swings, sleep disorders.
Classification of cervical degenerative disc disease
With the development of osteochondrosis by a number of development phases, each with characteristic features runs. How does the affected part of the spine in the different phases, you can see on a photo.
Degree of development of the disease:
- Osteochondrosis 1. Degree – the first Phase runs without any particularly severe symptoms that interfere with a Person's rare and slight pain when rotating and tilting the head, the muscles of the back tired quickly.
- Osteochondrosis grade 2 vortex is unstable, pinch nerves, abnormal sensations pronounced to acquire in the neck, in the shoulder, the arm. Other symptoms – fatigue, frequent headaches in the back of the head, confusion.
- Osteochondrosis of 3 degrees – the pain is chronic, it covers the upper part of the back, of the hands, there is a pronounced muscle weakness of the limbs, deaf-Institute, develops intervertebral disc hernia, it is common to vertigo attacks.
- Osteochondrosis 4 degrees – the full destruction of the intervertebral discs, you will tissue by the connective, the pathological process extends over several segments of the spine. Incoordination, observed the bouts of dizziness, noise in the ears pile up.
Acute back pain – a consequence of the chronic Form of the disease, is of a strong attack of severe pain, suddenly after waking up.
To contact the doctor yourself?
If there are signs of cervical degenerative disc diseases neurologists need to visit, in some hospitals there are more wertebrolog specialist with the treatment of diseases of the spine exactly.
Methods of diagnosis
Neglected forms of osteochondrosis have a pronounced clinical picture, the diagnosis during the initial examination. The extent of the degenerative changes in the vertebrae to reveal, help, methods of instrumental diagnosis.
The main types of surveys in the case of osteochondrosis:
- X – ray method is effective only in the early stages of the pathology;
- MRI on the good visible structure of the bony structures, the size and direction of the development of the Band, hernias, condition of the spinal cord;
- The CT method is less efficient than an MRI, because there is no exact information about the presence and height of hernias;
- Duplex scanning allows the disturbance of blood flow;
- the – indicates the presence of pinched, inflammation, other damage of the nerve;
- rheoencephalogram – in circulatory disorders of the brain.
For precise and thorough investigation of the condition of certain vertebrae, more discography led – in, the disc contrast was injected in the medium, you can see that the smallest changes in the tissue, cicatricial changes to distinguish from a hernia.
Method for the treatment of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine
In the initial phase of development pain can heal in the lower back without medicines, enough to rethink diet, daily routine, regularly hosts a series of special exercises. At the started forms of the disease effective treatment is only possible if the application of various drugs, with which to suspend the degenerative changes in the vertebrae.
In the complex of therapeutic measures physiotherapy – electrophoresis with drugs, ultrasound, magneto therapy, laser therapy is a must. These methods will help with pain, inflammation, swelling of tissues, improves metabolism and blood circulation.
Exercise therapy is prescribed in the convalescence, during exacerbation of osteochondrosis exercise contraindicated, simple gymnastics, make it possible to be at home, engage them on a regular basis.
Gymnastics Bubnovskaya for the treatment and prevention of cervical degenerative disc disease:
- In the hands are cut free along the body. Head to the heated front seats will be inclined to try the chin to chest, fix the Position on the account 3. Head tilted back, chin pointing upward, up to 3 count. Return to the starting position.
- In the head turning to the right, to the left, in every Extreme point to fix the Position for a few seconds. Repeat 3 times in each direction.
- In a standing Position, tilt your head to the right, to the left to reach the ear trying to the shoulder, hold the Position for 30 seconds. Perform 6 repetitions per side.
- Standing, hands on belt, chin, stretched parallel to the ground to heated front seats. Turn the head the chin on the shoulder, the torso something to turn, to stay on for half a Minute. You make 6 reps per side, there is a slight pain in the spine.
- In a sitting position, back straight, hands on the knees. Back dilute the stretched arms to the sides, a little, at the same time the head is tilted back to me, back in the starting position, repeat 5 times.
- In a sitting position with the head turn to the right, the palm of the left hand, the life in the right shoulder, elbows parallel to the ground, the right Hand on the king's meadow, back to the starting position. Perform 6 repetitions per side.
- In a sitting position the hands over the head to lift, to connect, elbow bending, turning the head to one side until the occurrence of mild pain, fixing the Position at the farthest point for a few seconds. Repeat after 6 revolutions in each direction.
Between exercises take a break of 30 seconds. Before the start of the gym need to take a warm shower, a couple of gentle inclines head in different directions to warm up the muscles. To avoid after completion of the charging, light Stretching, the occurrence of unpleasant sensations helps the next day.
Drug therapy in osteochondrosis is directed to the elimination of the unpleasant sensations, the restoration of the mobility of the spine, slowing down the degenerative changes in the tissues. Acute attacks of pain relieve injections of NSAIDs or corticosteroids to treat the chronic Form of the disease, ointments, tablets.
As osteochondrosis treat:
- NSAIDs, give you swelling to eliminate in the Form of tablets, and means for topical application, pain;
- Corticosteroids – cropped acute pain syndrome;
- B-vitamins, reduces the metabolism in the tissues;
- chondroprotectors – promoting the recovery of cartilage tissue;
- Medications to improve the blood flow, supply to the brain;
- Nootropics – improve brain function, memory;
- Muscle relaxants – to eliminate muscle cramps;
- for the local treatment with ointments and gels with anti-inflammatory, warming effect.
The drug therapy is effective, do not need to help with the exercise therapy, a diet, otherwise there is no medication to get rid of the osteochondrosis.
The national treatment you need to get rid of as a complement to drug therapy and Sport, completely, the disease with unconventional methods do not help.
What to do in case of cervical osteochondrosis at home:
- The fresh leaves of horseradish, pour boiling water, a little cool, inside attach to the neck, to fix a fine natural fibers. To do the procedure before bedtime, leave the compress on the night.
- RUB potatoes on a fine grater raw, mix equal parts with warm, liquid honey. The mixture for compresses use, the procedure 1-2 times per week.
- You mix the raw egg with 100 ml of sunflower oil, 20 ml of acetic acid and 20 G of flour, the mixture is put in a dark place for 48 hours, remove the foil from the surface. Means of lubricating the inflamed before going to bed, store in the refrigerator.
- In may, Pine buds collect up to 2 cm, cut into thin slices, folded in a container of dark glass. To 1 part of the raw material, take 2 parts sugar to remove the medicine in a dark place for 2 weeks. You drink 5 ml of the mixture three times a day, do not immediately swallow, hold it for 2-3 minutes in the mouth. Duration of the course is 15-20 days, repeat 2-3 times in a year.
- Grind cranberries 150 G of peeled garlic and a 400 G mixture, folded in a glass bowl, after 24 hours, 800 ml, add honey, stir. Take 5 ml of medication three times a day before meals.
Severe pain, to cope with excess salts pull the cabbage leaf will help, honey oiled, compress, fix a warm scarf on the neck, leave for the whole night.
Massage with cervical osteochondrosis
Massage helps to strengthen muscle tone, improve blood circulation in the tissue, in severe forms of osteochondrosis meetings of the specialist leads. In mild forms of the disease, for the prevention massage helps self – treatment is done at home.
- Warm up your muscles with both hands intensively spend on the back, the side of the neck from top to bottom. Warm-Up Time 2 Minutes.
- The edge of the palm of the hand against the lower part of the neck, sliding movements always move to the area of hair growth, then on the shoulder joints.
- To do with the fingertips of both hands in a circular motion to RUB in the visual area from the hair root to the forearms of the spine up to the ears and back to me.
- Pinch the neck muscles from below to the top, then in the opposite direction.
- Stroking from the neck to the blade to carry out any type of exercise.
Possible consequences and complications
In the neck the vertebrae of the spine are close to each other, the height of the intervertebral discs is small, so that various complications of osteochondrosis also arise in minor degenerative changes in the bone tissue.
How dangerous is osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
- frequent migraine attacks;
- Heart Rhythm Disorders, Atherosclerosis;
- Protrusion, intervertebral disc herniation, bony outgrowths of the vertebral body;
- serious pathology of the brain;
- the narrowing of the vertebral artery that leads to the development of IRR, hypertension, brain, disability;
- spine stroke.
Contra-indications in the case of cervical osteochondrosis
In order to live a fulfilled life, if osteochondrosis, avoid actions that can trigger the onset of pain, worsening of the disease.
What to do when cervical osteochondrosis:
- sleep in extremely hard or soft mattress, on a high pillow;
- Lifting weights, if you have something to lift heavy, it should be bent with your back straight with king's meadow;
- wearing the bag on one shoulder;
- to do in the event of aggravation of the pathology of active movement with the head, the neck;
- Smoking, to drink alcohol;
- go without a scarf in the cold, sitting on draughty, in the vicinity of the air-conditioning unit;
- for a long time in an uncomfortable Position, in the sitting position;
- you wear high-heeled shoes;
- Crunch The Neck.
Thermal process – warm compresses, a visit to the sauna, warming, blue lamp, can only be in Remission of the disease. During exacerbation of heat only relieve for a short time, the pain, but soon the unpleasant feelings back, increase the degree of your symptoms.
Prevention of diseases
The health of the spine, enough to follow the simple rules of prevention.
How to avoid cervical degenerative disc disease:
- to get rid of obesity;
- every morning gymnastics, sports, swimming, Yoga, dancing;
- more time in the fresh air, especially in the morning, Hiking;
- eat right, monitor the intake of salt, drinking cure;
- in sedentary activities, every hour, do a warm-up for the neck follow body posture;
- keep keep the neck warm
- to avoid sleep, physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion.
Cervical osteochondrosis – a chronic, slowly progressive disease, the symptoms of the disease do not manifest themselves immediately. The knowledgeable combination of traditional and Folk therapies, exercise and diet help, with unpleasant symptoms and simple measures of prevention – prevention of relapse pathology.