Cervical osteochondrosis - it is pathological changes in the tissue of the intervertebral discs and the vertebrae themselves. As a result of thin soft tissue, reduces the effect of the damping of the vortex. Bruising of the blood occurs in the blood vessels and nerve fibers, reduced spine, the mobility of the neck.
Cervical osteochondrosis - one of the most dangerous sites of osteochondrosis, as by this disease, the blood supply to the brain is deteriorating.
How dangerous is cervical osteochondrosis
As a result of the disturbed the normal function of the cervical spine, reduced mobility, pain in the neck. Cervical osteochondrosis can lead to the deterioration of the blood supply to the brain, migraine, heart rhythm disturbances, worsening of vision, coordination and attention, the development of a hernia.
Osteochondrosis and spondylosis of the cervical spine
Symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease
The disease is characterized by pain in the area of the neck, the neck, the shoulder blade and the forearm. The pain can be amplified in the movement of the head or in certain poses. As a result of the pain and the inflammatory process overexertion of the neck muscles occurs. In patients who suffer from migraines, reduced hearing and Vision, dizziness, Tinnitus, sudden changes in blood pressure, observed fainting. Symptom of degenerative disc of the cervical spine is a violation of the sensitivity of the tip of the fingers can disease.
Causes of cervical degenerative disc disease
The causes of the emergence of cervical degenerative disc disease is usually associated with the aging of the body and age-related changes in the tissues. But the life style and the associated factors, the risk of diseases increase. These include:
- Lack of exercise, sedentary work;
- obesity and improper diet;
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system: flatfoot, rheumatism, scoliosis, postural;
- Injuries in the area of the neck or of the neck.
Apart from that, osteochondrosis may be due to other diseases of the spine. The spine — a whole, and treat it must also in the Appendix. Therefore, the first, what to do in cases of suspected osteochondrosis — a full examination of the spine.
Treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease
The treatment according to the investigation prescribed. The doctor collects the medical history and directs the patient to the investigation. Most of the time, on the magnetic resonance imaging. Find out the exact cause of the disease, start the treatment.
In the acute Phase, the doctor for the pain and anti-inflammatory medications rubs. In the period of Remission - physiotherapy — Massage, shock wave therapy, movement therapy. These methods aim to strengthen the muscular corset, reducing stress and preventing attacks of the disease.
Prevention of cervical degenerative disc disease
- They come from regular examinations. The disease is easier to prevent than to cure. The annual surveys allow to determine, to cure the disease in an early stage, and him, until it is not moved in a serious Phase.
- Pay attention to posture. Keep your back flat, shoulders relaxed. If you work a lot at the Computer or Desk, choose a comfortable chair, sit properly, do the warm-up every half hour.
- Lead an active lifestyle. To walk more, outdoor, sports, swimming especially useful.
During sleep you use orthopedic pillows.